Sunday, January 27, 2013

Fundraising $1,500 for Team Fox Parkinson's Research: Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon

Are you telling me that you're gonna Escape From Alcatraz...in a DeLorean?!?!...
...well, maybe not a DeLorean...but I could handle a Felt Bicycle.

I will be racing in the Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon on March 3, 2013, and this year we are raising $1,500 for the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research.

Some of you may know that we've done done some fundraising before, and I want to thank everyone for their support and contribution in the past. This year, like in the past (which you can read more about here and here), I'm racing in the memory of my Grandmother, Betty Guthrie, who passed in the summer of 2010 after fighting Parkinson's for several year.

The race is in San Francisco and begins with a 1.5-mile swim starting right off of Alcatraz Island. After swimming to the shore of the beach, we'll bike 18 miles through the hilly city and finish with an 8-mile run including the 400-step Equinox Sand Ladder. I have to say, I'm stoked about this race and honored to be a part of Team Fox!

Again, the Goal:

$1,500 for the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research. (You Can Donate Now!)

You might be asking yourself, "So, why am I here?" You're here because you can help. Yes, you, dear readers, are the ones who make this machine go. You're a daily reminder of why I will subject myself to frigid waters and quad-crushing hills. Your donations and our efforts to raise money for much needed research are worth it. Here's how it is:

I can't do this without you.

Please check my facebook updates, follow me on twitter, and/or check this blog regularly for the latest on my training, ways to donate, our progress toward our fundraising goal, and inspirations on this journey.  Thank you all.

Do, or do not. There is only Tri.
-Bobby Jones 

No comments: