Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Starting With A Purpose

Here's the deal:

I've been messing around with Sprint Triathlons for the last two years now...and I'm bored.  So, on July 17 of this soon to be awesome  year of 2011, I'll be racing in my first Half-Ironman (for those of you who are not endurance addicts, that's a 1.2-mile swim, a 56-mile bike, and a 13.1-mile run). The race will take place in Racine, WI.

Ever since I stopped playing competitive team sports in college, most of my athletic endeavours have been rather self-serving (aside from the occasional Kickball match). So, for this event, I'm planning to raise $1,000 for the National Parkinson Foundation.

Again, the Goal:

$1,000 for the National Parkinson Foundation

So, why are you reading this blog? Maybe you're a friend or a loved one and you want to support me. Maybe you're an enemy and want to hear about how I'm torturing myself in the long days of training ahead. Maybe you care about the cause. Maybe you're just an endurance racing enthusiast. Whatever the case may be, there's one thing that's true about anyone reading this right now:

I can't do this without you.

I'm going to need your support in any way that you can offer it. Whether it be through donations, as a training partner, passing this goal on to others, soliciting help, or just encouragement, I'll need the strength of those around me.

Please check my facebook updates, follow me on twitter, and/or check this blog regularly for the latest on my training, ways to donate, where I am in meeting my donations goal, and the inspirations for this mission.  Thank you all.

Do, or do not. There is only Tri.
-Bobby Jones

No comments: