Tuesday, May 10, 2011

10 Weeks to Go! A Call For Donations

Ironman 70.3 Racine is in 10 Weeks! In the months since my announcing post, I've been hard at work training and spreading the word, but now it's time to start supporting the cause.

There have been some great happenings as we moved from winter to spring. The Soulard Mardi Gras Run for Your Beads 5K was a fun time. Also, the Belleville West Race for Character 5k provided a good opportunity to support students at my school to pursue their own athletic endeavors. Most recently, I had a blast being a part of a relay team with my friends Scott Gillespie, Genevieve Altepeter, and Teddy Altepeter at the Go! St. Louis Marathon.

In addition to these races, I've been working on improving my skills in the bike and the swim. Big Shark Bicycle Co. has provided me with some knowledge about more efficient riding techniques and has all of the accessories I could want to get me into a more aerodynamic position. They've also recently started holding open water swims at New Town Lake in St. Charles. Just this past Saturday, I was able to get out and try my new Xterra wetsuit in the lake. After some initial anxiety about not being able to see the bottom of where I was swimming, I got comfortable enough to find a good rhythm and swim with better form than I have in my past races.

With all of this focus on preparing for the race, however, I've neglected something important. I need to do the hard thing and ask you, my friends, to support me in my attempt to raise $1,000 for the National Parkinson Foundation. While the Mardi Gras celebration that many of you attended in Soulard got the fundraising started, there's still a lot more to do before we reach the goal.

Whatever you can offer, please take the opportunity to make the difference by donating or passing this link on to others.

Click Here to Donate Now!

As always, thank you, and continue to Tri.
-Bobby Jones

P. S. I promise to do weekly updates now that the race date is getting closer and closer.

No comments: